if you have ever…
- looked at the LCD and dials on your expensive new camera and felt intimidated by the “code” and all the options… keep reading.
- If you’ve ever been in the middle of a great moment, grabbed your camera and fired off a shot at just the right moment, only to see in the screen afterward, a dark blurry shape with weird blobs of light and nothing that makes you feel that rush of inspiration and joy you felt in the moment… keep reading.
- If you you’re tired of feeling bullied by your camera, and ready to be the boss of it, keep reading, sister: I’ve got your back.
Imagine holding your “grown up camera” in your hands and knowing EXACTLY how to quickly set it for a perfect photo, and knowing EXACTLY how to capture whatever inspires you, whatever lights you up inside, whatever is happening before your eyes… and getting what you imagined, right, the first time!
Now imagine creating a photo that takes you back to those favorite moments with your children that seemed like yesterday. These are the photos that are on my walls and it feels amazing to glance at my favorite memories daily.
Remember, I said I’ve got your back: I’ve created CAMERA BOSS just for you.
Camera Boss is my workshop for moms and dads who are ready to call the shots.
Camera Boss is a 3-hr class that will teach you the basics of creating beautiful photos. You’ll leave the class more confident using your DSLR, or even your camera phone. A little art, a little science, and some much-needed pointers on the ins and outs of your camera, and you’re on your way. There will even be a private group for on-going support and inspiration after the class is over.
Seats are going to sell out quickly so step up and claim yours! Save $$ by booking with a friend!
Here’s some feedback from moms who took the class in July!
“I loved the class and it was perfect timing right before my family vacation to Colorado. I was able to take some STUNNING photos and experiment with my camera in ways I never had before. The aperture and speed info is great to have directly from you – because I never understood it before when reading it. Also some of the thinking on which moments [we’d] like to see in photos – that was a powerful list to have to think about.” – D.K.
“I wanted to thank you again for the CameraBoss session and just re-inspiring me to take more pictures with more of the functionality of my camera. And it really inspired me in my creativity with my pictures too. it has been a crazy hectic end of the summer for us, but I am truly looking forward to taking a ton of pictures this fall (I might even rent that lens you recommended!).“ J.B.
The next Camera Boss class is scheduled for June/July
in downtown Takoma Park
What this 3-hour Workshop is about:
- Easy-to-implement-today topics such as light, composition, seeing photo opportunities, and discovering the things you want to capture
- Basic Gear – what’s out there, what’s affordable
- Why shoot in manual mode? Making sense of the exposure triangle: Shutter, Aperture, and ISO
- Overcoming ‘But my kid won’t let me take their photo!’ so you can take candid photos that evoke memories and tell a story.
- 6-8 attendees max to allow for ample time for each individual. This class is paired best with your bestie & a glass of wine. If this date doesn’t work for you, consider hosting your own workshop with me and earn your seat for free. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how.
- Fun! We’ll laugh, you’ll learn, and most importantly, you’ll walk away with a better understanding of how to photograph those everyday memories of your family.
What this class isn’t:
- This workshop is not about the business end of photography or how to start your photography business. But if you’re interested in that, ask about my mentoring opportunities.
- This workshop does not cover post-processing techniques. I’ll be hosting a “Watch Me Edit” session down the road, and offer 1:1 mentoring for editing help.
- This workshop doesn’t cover posing or prop/backdrop set ups. I shoot very candid, documentary story-telling images, so that is what’s taught.
- Useful tip sheets
- New friendships with other parents who want to shoot better photos of their families
- Invitation to private Facebook group for Workshop Attendees for support, questions, & to post photos showing off what you’ve learned!
Camera Boss Workshop is $115/person
Book with a friend and pay $95 each
Can’t make it or sold out too quickly?
Sign up here to be notified about the next workshop OR email me to learn about hosting your own workshop (you invite your friends, your seat is free) email@example.com
What to Bring:
Your camera (while a DSLR is not required, I recommend a camera with manual settings), a notebook/pen, a positive attitude AND your camera manual
Cancellation Policy: Seats are non-refundable, however, you may transfer your seat to someone else should you end up being unable to attend.